About the Course
Athlone Golf Club was founded in 1892. It is a parkland course, surrounded by Lough Ree on three sides, sand based greens and tees. It has four new water features and its feature holes are the 6th, 12th and 16th. This 18-hole course is par 71 for men, par 75 for ladies. Visitors are assured of a warm welcome and clubs, trolleys and buggies are available for hire.
Apart from the golf club's own excellent catering facilities which are available all day there is a hotel and numerous B&Bs adjacent to the club as well as hotels and restaurants in nearby Athlone.
- Caddy Hire: Yes
- Club Professional: Kevin Grealy
- Course Designer: Eddie Hackett
- Course Type: Parkland
- Dress Code: Neat casual
- Holes: 18
- Opening Times: From 8am to 7pm, 7 days
- Par: 71
- Practice Green: Yes
- Pro Shop: Yes
- Course Distance: White markers - 5,983m, yellow markers - 5,698m
- Visitor Tee Times: Open day is Wednesday, April to October. Open the weekend of May and end of July. Other times subject to availability.
Monday-Friday €35; Saturday €40; open days €15; special rates for group bookings.
Add course to Wish List
- Mastercard accepted
- Visa Card Accepted